The Sun Odyssey 349 is reviewed in full in the current April issue of Cruising Helmsman magazine and is featured on the front cover.
“Take the bait.
Given all its capabilities mentioned here this is still only a ten metre boat. You could easily fit gen sets, water makers, solar panels and all the other trappings of an ocean cruiser to this and take it offshore. But it is better suited to sticking to coastal hopping. Guaranteed it will be a fast, fun but easy, cruise. This boat is priced to sell well and considering how well it performs both cruising and racing functions, it is worth a good look.”
What it doesn’t tell you is that since the boat was actually sailed for this review back in November it has won Cruising World Boat of the Year and six more have been delivered since then with another six on the way! So word is already out about these exceptional yachts which not only offer ‘the best value in the market’ as quoted by the Cruising World test committee, but so much more. Here are just a few other points:
– Exceptional stiffness
– Remarkable balance under any sail-plan
– Jeanneau’s renowned build quality which does not require structural bulkheads
– A lighter stronger deck than any of our competitors
– A lifting keel version that is far stiffer than any of our competitors fixed keel versions
– Latest generation chined twin-rudder hull design
– Sail-plans to suit all uses including club racing
– Self-tacking or overlap headsails (the self-tacker is not an after-thought as some of our competitors claim about the ‘9’ series sun odyssey’s)
– Terrific use of space throughout
– Great headroom
– Very light bright interior
– Lots of warm timber finishes
– A head with full separate shower
– Generous owners cabin
What does all of this offer? A yacht that is an absolute joy to sail and remarkably stiff with any keel option, that has a very comfortable cockpit, and an interior that has excellent use of space and is bright, warm and inviting.
But what stands out most is the versatility of this design. Many others claim to offer this, but the Sun Odyssey 349 really does, and in spades. Entertain, holiday, coastal cruise or race and do it in style, in what I describe as the best all-round production yacht Worldwide of the last decade. How am I qualified to make that statement? 45 years of sailing, 25 years in the boating industry, 20 years selling new yachts including J-Boats, Hunter Yachts, Beneteau and now Jeanneau for the past 12 years. This in the US, Europe, Asia and Australasia. I truly believe that this is a remarkable yacht.
To find out more, or to view or test-sail a Sun Odyssey 349 contact PBS now on (02)9979 9755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org