Save over $80,000 on this brand new and award winning Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 490, as it will be the first into Australia and now available for sale with handover after the 2018 Sydney Boat Show.
The Sun Odyssey 490 is without a doubt the most modern, comfortable and technological advanced yacht on the market in Australia today, with standard features such as:
- Full length chine: for increased stability and performance
- Secure helm stations: for safety at sea
- Inclined and continuous side decks: to allow for easy walking around the decks
- Twin rudders: for a neutral helm and improved performance
- Cathedral rigging: for more performance and higher stability
- Low gooseneck and boom: for easy access to the mainsail and boom bag
- L-shaped keel: to minimise objects wrapped around keel
- Integrated bowsprit and anchor roller: for better downwind performance and anchoring
However we have also included the following factory fitted options to enchance your life at sea:
- Upgraded 80hp engine
- Deep draft cast iron fin keel
- Sail locker in forepeak
- 3 cabin/2 heads layout
- Retractable bow thruster
- GRP bow sprit with integrated anchor roller
- Second windlass control at helm station
- Line bags in cockpit
- Battery charger
- Extra batteries
- Courtesy lighting in cockpit
- 3 burner deluxe stove
- GRP window eyelids to reduce water getting inside
- Navicolour battery monitoring
- Shades for windows and ports in the saloon
- Shades and screens for hatches in the saloon
- Vertical fridge door
- Turquoise upholstery in saloon
- Assymetrical spinnaker rigging and hardware including addition Harken winch on starboard side cabin top
- Raymarine Cruising electronics pack including Axiom 7 chart plotter with WiFi, i70 display, autopilot, VHF, and speed/wind/depth sensors.
- Electric winch on cabin top
- Mooring kit
- Anchoring kit
- Electronic motor for swim platform
- Lifeline gates with removeable access ladder
- Mattress battens in forward owner's cabin
- Electric toilet in forward owner's cabin
- 3 blade folding propeller
- Teak cockpit floor
Furthermore movement about the deck is facilitated by the separation of the shrouds with the vertical shroud located on the outside of the hull, and inner diagonal shroud placed inboard for an easy passage forward and a large genoa.
Specially designed canvas options are available which include an innovative option of a fully enclosed cockpit and a high visibility spray hood for protection and comfort in all conditions.
In addition to the inclined and continuous side decks, the new generation of Sun Odysseys benefit from a lower boom for easier access to the sail and an increased sail area.
The headsail and the mainsail are led to centralised winches located near the helm stations for easier handling from the safety of the cockpit.
The cockpit table contributes even more to your enjoyment housing controls for lighting and instruments.
Access to the interior is via a gently inclined 40deg companionway. The design house of Jean-Marc Piaton has created a visually and physically large and lighter living space with a contemporary modern design.
The spacious saloon has long hull windows for light, and the central galley, located in the most stable part of the boat, is easily accessed from both the saloon and the cockpit. More innovations abound with solutions for the crockery storage, as well as an ideally located opening port for cooking ventilation.
The chart table is designed in the best nautical tradition with a contoured seat and a large, deep desk with integrated pen storage. Extra storage compartments and a state of the art touch screen panel enabling excellent monitoring of water, fuel and batteries.
With a wider forward section of the hull, and by shifting the head compartment aft and the sail locker forward, the owner’s cabin of the new generation of Sun Odysseys enjoys an interior volume never before seen on a boat this size. It must be seen to be believed!
The cabin features a berth of 160 by 200 cm, with a multitude of storage compartments, as well as a private head and separate shower compartment never seen before in a boat of this size, with the luxury of a double door access.
The guest cabins benefit from a contemporary and harmonious layout. The design was carefully considered in order to allow each cabin to include large rectangular berths.
For further details ion this one-off demonstration offer contact PBS now!
|Price Base||: SOLD|
|Model||: Sun Odyssey 490|
|Length||: 49.00 Feet|
|Category||: Cruising Yachts|
|Hull Type||: GRP|
|Hull Style||: Single|
|Power Type||: Sail|
|Type Of Sales||: Dealer|
|Engine Type||: 4JH57CR|
|State||: New South Wales|
|Stock Number||: PBS180502|
|Designer||: Philippe Briand|
|Water (Potable) Capacity (l)||: 640 l|
|Hull Construction Material||: GRP|
|Hull Type||: Mono|
|Deck Construction Material||: GRP balsa cored and injection moulded|
|Country Origin||: France|
|Length (feet)||: 48.5 feet|
|Length Waterline (m)||: 13.24 m|
|Beam/Width (m)||: 4.49 m|
|Draft (m)||: 2.24 m|
|Dry Weight (kgs)||: 11290 kgs|
|Number of Helms||: 2|
|Accomodation Notes||: 3 cabins|
|Number of Berths||: Six|
|Number of Showers||: Two heads plus transom|
|Shower Type||: Hot & cold|
|Number of Toilets||: Two|
|Toilet Type||: Electric and manual|
|Holding Tank (L)||: 130|
|Galley Notes||: U-shaped|
|Stove||: 2 burner with oven|
|Refrigeration||: Vertical fridge door 190 Litre|
|Number of Sinks||: 2|
|Anchor / Winch||: Electric|
|Bilge Pump||: Electric + manual|
|Deck Gear||: Harken winches x 4, 1 x electric|
|Sail Inventory||: Conventional mainsail and 125% furling headsail|
|Electrics||: 12v plus shore-power|
|Electronics Navigation||: Raymarine with Multi, autopilot and Axiom 7 MFD|
|Safety Gear||: Inshore|
|Ground Tackle||: CQR with 30m chain|
|Has Navigation Lights||: LED|
|Radio||: Ray50 VHF|
|Number of Life Jackets||: 6|
|Warranty (Months)||: 5 years structural|