The first of the new Sun Odyssey 349 models has arrived in Sydney!
All ready to première at the Sydney International Boat Show, the SO349 has already winning fans with customers and media alike.
“The big, bright saloon and heads, the safe forward cockpit and the walk-through bathing platform will appeal to young families looking to get afloat and have fun. The simplicity of the deck layout means you don’t need to be a terrifically able sailor to get her going or, if you are a decent sailor, you don’t need to spend ages setting her up to get some very respectable numbers so you can still join in with family fun.” Yachting Monthly
This one has been purchased by Barry Stephenson from Royal Prince Alfred Yacht club. He had done a lot of research before he even spoke to us and now, as you can see by his grin, is even more pleased with seeing her in the flesh.
The 349 will be on display at the Sydney Boat Show at the end of July, so make sure you get down and see for yourself why this model is so ideal.
The latest in hull design technology from Marc Lombard featuring sharp hull chine.
– added stability, performance & greater control when sailing in stronger breezes.
Positive Sheer®: the hull-to-deck line curves upwards.
– Increased interior volume and headroom while maintaining a low deck profi le and elegant lines.
Advanced “Prisma Process” injection laminated deck.
– reduced weight in deck offers greater stability when sailing, therefore the keel does not need to be as heavy to achieve high stability.
CE rating – Category A for Unlimited Ocean.
Provides piece of mind that the Sun Odyssey 349 can handle seas when conditions deteriorate.
Twin rudder design
– Exceptional control at every sailing angle, increased safety and redundancy at sea and reduces vulnerability when in shallow areas.
Winged Shoal draft keel
– access those shallower areas that are not usually reachable, whilst gaining draft with the wing keel ensuring excellent performance & lift.
Modern hull and Positive Sheer®
– exceptional interior comfort usually found on a larger boat and standing headroom throughout, while maintaining elegant lines.
Design that marries the classic look of Alpi teak with the contemporary look of slate work tops
– the interior is warm, light and inviting with timeless styling.
Standard large hull ports and long coachroof windows
– bright natural lighting and views of the sea.
Wide, double doors to the forward cabin
– afford privacy when closed and contribute to the airy interior atmosphere when open.
2 cabin version with innovative head compartment and sail locker
– fully-separate shower along with a storage compartment that accessible from the interior and from the cockpit. It can also be closed with an optional, enclosed cockpit locker and can even be fi tted out with an extra single berth.
Available in a real 3 cabin version
– able to accommodate three fully-closed double cabins. A feature usually reserved for larger boats.
Modular interior with multi-function, mobile seating and fold-up nav station
– create the best space for any particular activity onboard from dining to relaxing, from looking at charts to sleeping.