Jeanneau have confirmed that they will be launching a Sun Fast 3600 to complement the existing Sun Fast 3200 which won European Yacht of the year in 2008.
This infusion moulded offshore racer builds on the success of the SF3200 which has enjoyed multiple race wins overseas and in Australia. Melbourne based Sun Fast 3200 “Streetcar” recently won the ORCV Latitude race for the second year in a row by a big margin and continues to show the Daniel Andrieu designed race boat is the one to beat.
The first Sun Fast 3600 will be launched in July 2013 with the world premiere at the La Rochelle boat show in September 2013. Available with either twin tiller or twin wheels, the Sun Fast 3600 is an eye catching race boat.
– Aggressively chined hull that will significantly enhance performance and stability
– Semi-square top efficiently shaped mainsail that will provide extra boost in lighter airs and a deliverable powertrain when the breeze is up
– Twin tiller steering system with the option for twin wheels for direct precise steering and optimum helmsman comfort and position
– Main sheet traveller in front of helm position which is easier for helm when solo and main trimmer when fully crewed
– Outboard swept back shroud base gives excellent rig stability and optimum jib shape profiles
– Fixed prodder on bow allows optimum use of Code type sails and asymmetrics, whilst still allowing use of symmetric sails if required
– High volume interior maintains and improves the unbeatable 3200 layout with two large double berths aft, sculptured navigation station, galley, additional berths in the saloon, sail stowage and heads forward
Here at PBS we are very excited about this new design! If you would like to be kept informed as further information becomes available please let us know on email@example.com