This Sun Fast 3600 was launched in August 2016 and has been specifically setup for double-handed offshore yacht racing, is available for sale and handover after the completion of the 2016 Melbourne to Hobart Race.
With two Sun Fast 3600’s and a Sun Fast 3200 already entered in the 2018 Melbourne to Osaka Race, this is a unique opportunity to step into a professionally set-up and ready to go double-handed machine.
Designed by Daniel Andrieu, the Sun Fast 3600 benefits from the latest advances in vacuum-bagged resin infusion to ensure exceptional strength and rigidity while drastically reducing weight.
The lightweight, powerful hull with its hard chine, twin rudders and lead keel contributes to this new Sun Fast’s speed, balance and stability on all tacks. Perfectly adapted to solo, doublehanded, and crewed regattas, the Sun Fast 3600 is designed to compete in both inshore and offshore races.
- Aggressively chined hull that will significantly enhance performance and stability.
- Semi-square top efficiently shaped mainsail that will provide extra boost in lighter airs and a deliverable powertrain when the breeze is up.
- Twin tiller steering system with generous foot chocks
- Main sheet traveller in front of helm position which is easier for helm when solo and main trimmer when fully crewed.
- Outboard swept back shroud base gives excellent rig stability and optimum jib shape profiles.
- Fixed carbon bowsprit allows optimum use of Code type sails and asymmetrics, whilst still allowing use of symmetric sails if required.
- High volume interior maintains and improves the unbeatable 3200 layout with two large double berths aft, sculptured navigation station, galley, additional berths in the saloon, sail stowage and heads forward.
Local Additions include:
- North Sails 3Di wardrobe, A0, A2, A4, A5, JT, & storm sails
- Karver Furling System
- Karver A0 and JT halyard lock
- Karver Main Reef Locks
- Ronstan Ballslide Mainsail Batten System
- B&G H5000 Hercules Instrument Package
- B&G H5000 Autopilot with remotes
- B&G VHF V50, H50 with AIS
- 3 x Garmin 7″ dual line mast repeaters on carbon bracket and cockpit remote
Icom HF radio
- 4G Router linked into the boats instruments
- Fusion Entertainment System
- Cat 1 Safety Gear as per 2013-16 YA Special Regs
- Four man life raft now included
For more information, please contact PBS