PBS will have the first example of the new Jeanneau 54, smaller sibling to last year’s flagship Jeanneau 64, on display at this year’s Sydney International Boat Show at the end of July. The yacht has just been completed at the factory and is due to be shipped shortly, so is eagerly awaited. Jeanneau being by far the most successful and awarded builder of yachts over 50 feet in the World brings with it an expectation, which has been exceeded by all reports to-date. The Jeanneau 54 has many clever and unique ideas developed by the Jeanneau team in conjunction with the hugely experienced collaboration between naval architect Philippe Briand and interior designer Andrew Winch. The result is a state-of-the-art cruising yacht that is stable, easily handled, elegant and a joy to spend time on. Just some of the features which stand out:
– The largest cockpit in its class
– Modern chined hull with remarkable stiffness
– Patented aft terrace for water access and lounging
– Unique lounging spaces at the front of the cockpit under the dodger
– Foredeck sun-pad with bimini
– Halyards and lines led under deck
– Unique and practical life-raft stowage in aft of cockpit table
– Self-tacking jib or self-tacking stay-sail
– Wide side-decks with moulded toe-rail
– Two interior timber finishes
– Unique aft galley layout option
– Large domestic style fridge and freezer
– High end interior finish
We will be running test sails once the yacht has been commissioned, and will also host a function during the Sydney Show to launch this design, which will be attended by Erik Stromberg who is the person at Jeanneau responsible for new yacht design. To express your interest in either or both please send an email to Andrea at email@example.com or call (02)9979 9755.
STOP PRESS: Available for immediate delivery in the Med’ is the very Jeanneau 54 2-cabin that was featured in David Lockwood’s recent review on boatsales.com.au http://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/reviews/2016/jeanneau/54/jeanneau-54-review-56337 . The yacht is available on the French Mediterranean coast at a special discount of AUD$35,000. Contact PBS for further details.