For those looking for a fun racing adventure during January there is a new initiative in a combined club event with short passage races from the harbour to Pittwater, Pittwater to Newcastle and return from the 18th to the 22nd of January. It’s called the Breakout Regatta and you’ll find the notice of race here and entry here.
Anyone with a Cat’ 4 safety cert’ can take part and there will be divisions for IRC rated yachts, PHS, and both a non-spinnaker and 2-handed division. Participants to can an individual leg, selected legs or the whole thing. The calendar looks like this:
- Monday 18th passage race from Sydney to Pittwater
- Tuesday 19th passage race from Pittwater to Newcastle
- Wednesday 20th Newcastle coastal race
- Thursday 21st passage race Newcastle to Pittwater
- Friday 22nd passage race from Pittwater to Sydney with Beach Party and prize-giving at MHYC.